Monday, May 20, 2013

A String of Joy

Obviously it is inspired by Dottie Angel and her "have a heart" string (which can be found in her book), but in my case what brings me joy is paper, mail, and stamps. And what a better thing than to have all of them together in another of my favorite things, a garland!
   
           
      GATHER: (basically what you heart desires, but this is what I got)

  • all the nice scraps of paper you have lying around
  • stickers
  • stamps
  • squeeze punch scalloped circle from Fiskars
  • hole punch from Martha Stewart





I've sewn mine (which is what I do with everything lately), but you can just get a long piece of thread and attach the stamps to the scalloped rounds with either glue, washi-tape or stickers.
Oh, and don't forget to decorate both sides if your sending it to your pen pal (you don't know where it will hang so better to have both sides covered)!!

Have a happy Monday, and don't forget to enter the GIVEAWAY full of snail mail goodies, plus if you don't end up a winner I will send you a handwritten letter (I promise)!!!

Giova.

8 comments:

  1. Hello! This garland is super cute! I've never thought about using stamps for a garland..I can't sew so I'll try to glue mine :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I think glue will have the same effect, and you would probably do it faster, just use a thin thread so it doesn't get all bulky!! Have fun!!

      Delete
  2. AnonymousMay 21, 2013

    Adorable! I love that your love of mail is so great. Sending mail is a lost art, but I think you're reviving it one letter at a time. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joy, it means a lot!! Let's hope it is not a lost art, I've been writing letters since forever, and I hope to be doing it for many more.

      Delete
  3. Have you used your punch to create a fabric garland?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That’s precious, also with a ❤️punch would be sweet ❣️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! What a clever, darling way to use cancelled stamps. I can’t wait to use all the beautiful stamps I’ve been saving. Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...